This information is provided to ensure you understand the obligations of renting a vacation property from William Raveis - The Rental Company. It's our desire you and your guests have a safe, enjoyable, and hassle-free experience. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Click on a topic below to learn more...
Finding a Vacation Home
Once you find a home or two that suits your needs, call, chat, or email us. Our Vacation Rental Specialists work as a team, so anyone can help you. Each agent is licensed to practice real estate in Massachusetts and will explain the property details to make sure it is the right house for you.
Please consider the following when identifying a vacation home:
- ACCOMMODATIONS: The properties we represent are private residences---decorated and furnished by individual owners---therefore each property is unique. Please ask as many questions about the specifics of a property as necessary, and view the photos that we have posted on the website.
- OCCUPANCY: Occupancy (including small children, infants, and overnight visitors) is not to exceed the limit cited on your lease, and must be initialed by you. Also, you will be asked to not surpass the permitted parking at the property. Exceeding occupancy limits may result in additional charges and even being asked to vacate the premises.
How the Lease Works
Your lease will include Vacation Rental Insurance. You will need to OPT IN on the lease if you want this product. If you OPT IN for this, please include the listed Insurance amount on your lease with your first payment. You do have the ability to OPT IN for Vacation Rental Insurance up until the date your 2nd payment is due. See below under Vacation Rental Insurance for more details on this program.
*MA State & Local Taxes for Short-Term Vacation Rentals will be applied to reservations as of January 1, 2019
FIRST PAYMENT: This is due 5 days from the date the lease is created.
- 50% of the total rental amount
- $100 Handling Fee
- $55 Vacation Rental Damage Coverage: In the majority of our rental homes, a Vacation Rental Damage Coverage (VRD) Fee will be collected with the first payment. Once you enter your rental property, this is a nonrefundable fee and is administered by CSA Travel Protection®. It is a program that works for you to financially help with any accidents during your stay. See below under Damage Protection for more details on the VRD Fee. Please note some homes will not have this fee and instead have the traditional refundable Security Deposit
- Vacation Rental Insurance if you OPT IN
- May 1 if your reservation is for June or July
- June 1 if your reservation is for August or September
- Please note: In some cases there are cleaning fees and there may be additional fees requested by the homeowner.
We will be in touch as your stay on Cape Cod approaches. You can expect us to provide you with check-in details, linen rentals, directions, and partner information to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible. You are welcome to also check out our Vacation Activities section where we have links to some of our favorite activities and partners.
- VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE COVERAGE (VRD) - NON REFUNDABLE (UPON CHECK IN): William Raveis - The Rental Company generally offers the purchasing of a VRD for $55, administered by CSA Travel Protection®, in lieu of paying a refundable Security Deposit when reserving a home. The VRD provides up to $3,000 to pay for losses due accidental damage to the property you are renting.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE COVERAGE IS NOT PROVIDED FOR LOSS DUE TO:
- inclement weather or natural disaster;
- intentional acts or gross negligence of the insured;
- normal wear and tear of the real or personal property assigned to the Accommodation;
- any damage that occurs if the Insured is in violation of the lease agreement
- loss, theft or damage to any personal effect owned by the Insured or brought on the Covered Trip by the Insured;
- loss, theft or damage caused by any person other than the Insured unless substantiated by a police report.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT - REFUNDABLE: Security Deposit checks are cashed and deposited in a non-interest bearing escrow account as required by law. It is our policy to return Security Deposits three weeks from departure date after we have verified there were NO terms of the lease broken, missing items, damages, excessive cleaning required after check-out, and additional telephone or cable charges incurred
Not available in all areas. Check with your rental agent.
Please bring photo ID to check-in; refer to the instructions sent with your leases for the appropriate office for check-in.
Please note, we request you inspect your rental property when you arrive. If you find a problem please call us immediately. Cleaning problems must be reported within 24 hours of check-in for us to provide assistance.
- Please perform basic cleaning (e.g. broom swept floors and vacuumed carpets, all countertops wiped down, refrigerator emptied). If you have any questions or concerns, please ask
- Please comply with the 10:00 AM check-out time. Please be considerate of the cleaner's schedule and the incoming tenants
- Please return your keys to our office
Please note: William Raveis - The Rental Company is not responsible for lost, stolen or forgotten items. If items are returned to one of our offices, we will ship them to you at your expense.
Vacation Rental Insurance
WHY VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE: Even the best-planned travel can be impacted by the unexpected. Illness...medical emergencies...severe weather...delayed flights and lost passports or luggage. Troubles can occur when you least anticipate them forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment, and incur unplanned expenses. And when you're away from home, things like medical emergencies and illness are even more difficult to manage.
Here are a few examples:
- Your spouse becomes ill a few days before departure and you must cancel the trip
- A member of your family back home passes away while you are away forcing you to cut your trip short
- You lose your job before departure and must cancel your trip
- You arrive by air but your bags do not
A detailed description of benefits and coverage is available and we recommend you contact CSA with specific coverage questions. What follows is a brief description of some of the travel benefits provided to you and your eligible traveling companions under this program.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption: Provides reimbursement for unused, nonrefundable payments if your trip must be canceled or interrupted. Trip interruption also provides reimbursement for additional transportation costs. Covered reasons include: mandatory hurricane evacuations; sickness, injury or death; extension of school year; armed service leave revocation; involuntary termination of employment or other specific reasons listed in the Policy/Certificate of Insurance.
- Travel Delay: Provides reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred such as accommodations, meals and local transportation if you are delayed 12 hours or more during your trip due to a covered reason.
- Baggage Delay: Provides reimbursement for the emergency purchase of necessary items if baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours.
- Baggage and Personal Effects: Provides coverage for loss, theft or damage to your baggage and personal effects during your covered trip.
- Travel Accident: Provides coverage for loss of limb or life in the event of an accident while traveling, or within 180 days of that event.
- Emergency Medical Transportation: If you become sick or injured on a trip, benefits are provided such as: arrange transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility; help you return home, if medically necessary; provide round-trip economy air fare for a companion to visit you in you are hospitalized for more than 7 days.
- Medical or Dental Expense: Provides coverage for necessary medical, surgical and emergency dental care costs if you become sick or accidentally injured whole on your covered trip.
- Rental Car Damage: Provides primary coverage if your rental car is damaged due to collision, fire, flood, theft, vandalism, wind storm or hail.
- 24-hour Emergency Assistance Services: Customer Service Associates are always available to assist with Nurse Hotline Services, Medical and Legal Referral, Replacement of Medication and Eyeglasses, Emergency Message Relay, and Pet Return.
- Concierge Services: Provides assistance with arranging golf tee times, sporting, amusement part and entertainment ticketing, fine dining reservations and specific events.
- Roadside Assistance: Provides Towing Service, Battery Jump, Locksmith Services, Flat-tire Change, Fuel Delivery, and Vehicle Return.
10-Day Satisfaction Guarantee: CSA Travel Protection proudly stands behind its products and services. That's why we offer a 10-day free look on all our travel insurance plans. You'll have the ability to cancel your coverage and receive a full refund if you aren't completely satisfied as long as you haven't left for your trip.
About CSA: CSA is owned by Europ Assistance (EA), a worldwide emergency assistance services company. Europ Assistance began helping travelers with emergencies in 1963 and has expanded in capabilities and services ever since. Professionally organized, thoroughly equipped with countless resources, Europ Assistance is dedicated to helping people in both exceptional and everyday situations, anytime, anywhere.
Not available in all areas. Check with your rental agent.